It’s always important to focus on career growth. After all, if you can increase the number of opportunities around you, then you increase your chances of getting that dream job. However, many Filipino healthcare professionals find opportunities hard to come by. With a nurse in the Philippines earning, on average, just $20 a day, it’s difficult to make progress. Add the long commute time – up to three hours – into the equation and career growth gets even more difficult. But what if you were to become a virtual assistant?
Do You Know What a Virtual Assistant Is?
The virtual assistant industry had been on the rise before the Covid-19 pandemic, but it experienced a significant surge during this period. Nonetheless, many people are unaware of even the basics of what a virtual assistant is.
You may be familiar with the administrative work that healthcare assistants carry out. E.g. scheduling appointments, managing emails, data entry, research, and handling communications with patients. And, traditionally, these assistants have always been based either in a hospital or a doctor’s surgery.
Now, however, rather than being based in the same location as their employer, virtual assistants can use high-speed internet connection to work from anywhere. This means that you have the opportunity to work for clients who may be based thousands of miles away. All you need is a PC and an internet connection to access your client’s IT infrastructure.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Virtual Assistant?
Filipino healthcare professionals are perfectly placed to grow their careers in the virtual assistant industry. Before you make any major career decision, though, you need to weigh up the benefits. And, thankfully, the benefits of being a virtual assistant are weighed heavily in your favor:
- Maintain your healthcare career: becoming a virtual assistant doesn’t mean you need to leave the healthcare industry. In fact, the healthcare industry is a highly vibrant and expanding area for virtual assistants. Therefore, Filipino healthcare professionals can continue their careers in a sector that they are passionate about. And, remember, working in a job you love has numerous benefits such as increased performance and productivity.
- Low start-up costs: one of the great advantages of setting up as a virtual assistant is that it involves minimal start-up costs. All you really need is a computer, an internet connection, and basic software like Microsoft Office and Teams. In fact, many virtual assistants already have these items at home, which means you can start your business without any additional investment. These savings can then be used to enhance your career in other areas such as paying for training and further education.
- Better work/life balance: it’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance and this is easily achieved by transitioning into a virtual assistant. Not only can you eliminate the commute to work, but you can also customize your work environment to your exact requirements. Most important, however, is the chance to be more flexible and prioritize your personal commitments. Together, these benefits will help reduce your stress levels and provide you with a more fulfilling life.
- Higher earnings: Filipino healthcare professionals can expect to earn much more as healthcare virtual assistants, with salaries in the US hitting a top level of $55,000 per year. And, thanks to your expertise as an existing healthcare worker, you can expect to be handsomely rewarded for your knowledge. This means that you can quickly start growing your career as a virtual assistant. Best of all, the more clients you work with, the stronger your reputation will become. And this will allow you to attract higher-paying clients.
- You can stay in the Philippines: many Filipino healthcare professionals have had to emigrate to find better-paying positions. This, of course, is a tough decision to make. Moving away from your family and to a new country can be stressful. But, as a virtual assistant, you can secure excellent wages without having to relocate. As long as you have an internet connection and a PC, you can seamlessly begin working for clients anywhere in the world.
- Career progression some virtual assistants may have the opportunity to move into higher-level roles within a company or organization, such as a virtual executive assistant or virtual operations manager. Advancement into these roles will allow you to take on more responsibility and, of course, higher wages. Again, these are wages that would be unobtainable via traditional employment methods. Therefore, the potential for career growth is very credible.
- Professional development: As a virtual assistant, you can also take online courses or certifications in areas which will enhance your skills and knowledge. You could, for example, undertake courses centering around project management or simply keep your administrative skills up to date. By following the latest trends and developments in your field, you can position yourself as an expert in this niche. This will make you an attractive proposition to clients and help to build your reputation.
It's Time to Grow Your Career
Change is always a challenge, but it can be incredibly rewarding. Transitioning from a healthcare professional to a virtual assistant is a fantastic example. And Filipino healthcare professionals are in the best position to make this change. More importantly, you also have the potential to advance your career to levels previously unthinkable. Not only can you enhance your earnings way beyond the average wage in the Philippines, but you can maximize your career development and personal well-being.
Few career changes offer these opportunities, but moving into the virtual assistant industry puts these at your fingertips. As ever, it’s down to you to make the final decision. But it’s always important to hear from those who have gone where you could go. So, make sure you check out the testimonials of these healthcare workers who decided to transform their lives as virtual assistants. They were helped by HelloRache, and we’re ready to help you take that next step.
We have the skills and contacts to connect you with businesses eager to work with the best virtual assistants available. All you need to do is click here to get in touch with us and learn what we can do for your career.